The Rusty Raider – April 2010
The official voice of the Rusty Gaits Saddle Club
|Newsletter||Mary Dancey Clarke||(519)email@example.com|
Reminder!! Get those memberships in, mail them to:
3389 Lakeview Dr., R.R.#2,
Aylmer On., N5H 2R2
Cost $15.00 single, $30.00 family
Remember OEF (Ontario Equestrian Federation) membership is not mandatory, but highly recommended for all Rusty Gaits horse-related events. Make sure your liability coverage is in place! Visit www.horse.on.ca for more info
Our sincerest condolences to Lynn Johnston on the passing of her husband Allan. Also to Lynne Breddy on the passing of Blair in January and to the family of Elgin Wells, from whom the Broken Wheel Trail Riders rent their trail camp site. I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone.
Important Dates to Remember!
- April 8-11 – Equine Affaire in Columbus, OH ~ www.equineaffaire.com
- April 24 – Ring Clean-up at the Aylmer Fairgrounds, 10 a.m. sharp – both user groups should plan to help out with this very necessary but sometimes fun outing.
- May ? - Walk-a-thon Fundraiser
- May 1 – Elgin Feeds Equine Workshop, Aylmer Fairgrounds 10:00 to ? Check out the their web site www.elginfeeds.com. Orwell Community Trail Riders to work the food booth
- May 8 – Rusty Gaits Spring Fling trail ride with the Shoup Family – Vienna Line
- May 16 – 1st Rusty Gaits horse show – start time is 9:30 a.m. SHARP! The class list is being revised but a finished copy will be available well before the first show at our website www.rustygaits.ca Diane Anderson will run the food booth.
- June and July – events for fundraisers for www.serentityhousehospice.ca in St. Thomas. A day in June at Pinecroft and a bus trip to Sarnia in July. Check them out! This is a service we all may need at some point in time – you just never know about some things in life! They also have an excellent resource library dealing with many issues.
- August 13-15 – Aylmer Fair Horse Shows – Friday – Junior Horse & Pony Show (Club Challenge), Saturday – MWHS-approved show (you don’t have to be a member of MWHS to show), Sunday – OBRA/NBHA approved Speed Show. If you wish to make a donation to off-set the costs of these shows, just contact me!
- September 17-19 – Trail-a-Thon in support of the Dundas Valley Conservation area. For more info, send them an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2010 Equestrian Ride in the subject line. Their website is www.conservationhamilton.ca. If you have never had the opportunity to ride in this beautiful area, make an effort to check it out! Walkers and strollers with and without dogs and children, joggers, cyclists and horse people all co-exist on the same trails by showing mutual respect and friendliness.
- October 2 – Fall Trail Ride, Murray and Donna McEown, Eden Line, just west of Culloden Road., north of Hwy. #3.
- November 20 – Annual Awards Banquet and Celebration, Aylmer Legion – details to follow.
Directors in charge of shows:
May 16 – Murray McEown & Company
June 20 – Doug Newman & Crew
July 18 – Sherry Black
August 22 – Tracy’s Barn Kids
September 11 – Championship Day
September 19 – Tracy’s Barn Kids
Please note – any and all help is gratefully accepted by those people who are in charge. Don’t be shy about pitchin’ in!
You are invited to the Rusty Gaits Saddle Club’s
Spring Fling with the Shoup’s Trail Ride
53104 Vienna Line, between Carter and Richmond Roads- telephone Kate at 519-773-3391 or me at 773-5752 or e-mail email@example.com If you need more info ~ signage will be in place. North side of the road – and it is just a bit west of Port Burwell.
Start time between 11 a.m. and noon – supper about 3 p.m. In order to be kinder to the environment, please bring your plates and cutlery + beverage of choice.
Nice flattish, and well-groomed interesting trail for all ages of horses and riders!
Liability form must be signed by ALL riders!
Trail ride – $5.00 for RGSC members, other to purchase a $5.00 day pass as well
Potluck – $5.00 + a dish to feed a bunch
Hope to see a bunch of you there!